4500 Truck-loads of debris accumulated in Secretariat

0

Consequent to the High Court order, state government on Monday organised a media tour to the old secretariat complex where the demolition works are on.

The tour was organised on short notice in two separate vehicles for cameramen and the reporters which began from BRK Bhavan around 4 pm amidst tight security. However, it was concluded within just half-an-hour’s time.

Earlier, the CMO had informed that it is forced to organise the media tour due to the pressures from various quarters for the same. It may be recalled, even the High Court had advised the government in this regard while dealing with a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) over allowing media to take pictures of demolitions.

The old secretariat complex which once served as not just an administrative complex of the united Andhra Pradesh regime but also served as the administrative centre for the Nizam’s government since the beginning of the 7th Nizam Mir Osman Ali Khan. The same has now been reduced to a heaps of rubble after the KCR-run government decided to rebuild an ultra-modern new Secretariat complex in its place at a cost of Rs100 crore.

The history has it that the 6th Nizam Mahaboob Ali Khan constructed the Saifabad palace on the banks of Hussain Sagar for his summer stay. But he abandoned it on spotting a garden lizard on its inaugural day. The same palace was later converted into a secretary which is called in Urdu as Jaab-E-Hukumat by the 7th Nizam Mir Osman Ali Khan. It was later expanded during the united AP regime.

At least 90 Per cent of the demolition works have been completed and it is estimated that over 4500 Truck-loads of debris has been accumulated. So far 2000 Truckloads of debris was removed, said the Minister for Roads and Buildings Vemula Prashanth Reddy.

However, the CMO attempted to explain the reasons for not allowing anyone into the premises, as there was a danger of accidents taking place while demolishing the high-rise buildings. “As part of this, the media was also not allowed”, said the Minister while adding that his government had taken all precautions before organising this media tour.

Heaps of rubbles at secretariat complex

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here