By KL Narasimha Rao, Business Correspondent
Hyderabad, Feb. 4 (Telemedia) : A delegation from Amazon led by Global Director and Head for Real Estate and Facilities, John Schoettler met the IT Minister K. T. Rama Rao at his Chambers in the D-Block Secretariat today. The expansion plans of Amazon in Hyderabad and Telangana were discussed. The following items were agreed upon between the Government of Telangana and Amazon.
- Amazon has come forward to setup a Warehouse/ Fulfilment centre in Hyderabad. Amazon will start their operations from a leased facility in about two months before the own facility is constructed.
- The Minister, Mr. K. T. Rama Rao assured the delegation that the state government would extend all incentives to the Amazon facility as per the new Industrial Policy.
- Amazon will be training the MSME clusters for utilizing the online platforms for boosting their revenues.
- The Minister requested Amazon to create an online market place for promoting Telangana Handicrafts such as Nirmal handicrafts, Pochampalli sarees, Bidri ware etc. Amazon has responded positively and an action plan would be worked out for promoting Telangana handicrafts on the Amazon platform.
- John Schoettler, Director Amazon extended an invite to the Minister to visit their Seattle campus and the Minister Mr. K. T. Rama Rao would be visiting Seattle in this regard in the second week of April.
- A press meet will be conducted by the Government of Telangana and the Amazon in the second week of February with full details.
- The meeting was attended by K. T. Rama Rao – Minister IT, Mr. Pradeep Chandra IAS – Spl Chief Secretary Industries, Mr. Harpreet Singh IAS – Secretary IT, Mr. Jayesh Ranjan – MD VC TSIIC, Mr. John Schoettler –Director Facilities Global Amazon, Mr. Narendhar Reddy – Head Facilities India.