Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has imposed a ban on online games such as rummy, poker etc. Announcing the Cabinet decision here at a media meet today, Minister for Information and Public Relations Perni Venkatramaiah alias Perni Nani said that cabinet has taken the online betting games seriously as a number of people are becoming prey to this menace.
He announced that one-year rigorous imprisonment for the organisers if caught for the first time and two year imprisonment if caught for the second time. “A 6-months imprisonment and heavy fine will also be imposed on those playing or participating in the online games”, he declared.
The Cabinet has also given its nod for the launch of YSR Free Power Money Transfer scheme which is set to launch in Srikakulam district as a Pilot Project beginning December 1, 2020. However, the Minister said that the scheme would be implemented statewide from April 1, 2021, onwards.
Following are the other decisions taken by the Cabinet today:
- Sanction of Rs1700 crores for the degradation of Electricity Feeders in the state.
- 9 hours of power supply to be given every day during day time.
- Cabinet decided to regularise 1 lakh illegal power connections
- Free Power Distribution to those who have given their lands for development
- Govt will bear the burden by paying to the APSEB on behalf of farmers
- Decided to Promote MDOs to DDOs
- Decided to set up a State Development Corporation
- Two more additional barrages to be constructed below the Prakasham barrage across river Krishna at Chodavaram at a Cost of Rs1350 crore and another at Mopidevi at a cost of Rs1280 crore.
- A Babu Jagjivan Ram Sujala Sravanthii will be taken up in North Andhra region with a sum of Rs15,380 crore benefitting over 8 lakh acres.
- Decided to complete 14 works pertaining to the Rayalaseema Drought-Prone area Development scheme on war footing measure.
- Decided to allocate lands exclusively for setting up of Medical Colleges in Bapatla and Markapuram.
- Decided to set up AP Fisheries university in West Godavari district.
- Last but not the least, the state government has extended the ban on Maoists for a period of one more year.