The Telangana State Legislature is all set to pass a resolution demanding conferment of Bharat Ratna award to former Prime Minister late PV Narasimha Rao, announced the Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao.
The CM also decided to name the Necklace Road as ‘PV Gnana Marg’ and announced the establishment of PV Memorial in Hyderabad.
He was holding a review meeting of the PV Centenary Celebrations Committee activities at Pragathi Bhavan here on Friday. Speaking on the occasion CM said: “PV Narasimha Rao is a symbol of Telangana existence and came to be known as a reformer who initiated several reforms in the country. He was recognised as a great intellectual all over the world. He was the Telanganite who rose to the level of the country’s Prime Minister. We will have a comprehensive debate on PV in the assembly and pass a resolution urging conferring Bharat Ratna on PV. We have decided to install a portrait of PV in the Assembly. We will request the Centre to install a Portrait of PV in the Parliament as well. We will ask the centre to rename the Central University of Hyderabad, which was established by PV in Hyderabad, as PV Narasimha Rao Central University. We will also pass a resolution in the Assembly to this effect”.
Further recollecting the achievements of PV Narasimha Rao as CM, KCR said, PV was the one who could dare introduce land reforms and implement it perfectly which resulted in having 93% of landholdings by small and medium farmers in Telangana today. Today whatever the fruits we are enjoying are because of the economic reforms he introduced during his tenure as Prime Minister. “It’s our responsibility to honour such a great personality in a befitting manner,” he said.
The CM suggested the PV Committee members divide the programmes into two phases such as pre-Corona and post-Corona.
- Necklace road to be renamed as PV Gnyana Marg and it should be developed. Create beautiful gardens all along the road and install PV’s Idol there.
- The meeting also decided to develop Laknepally, the village where PV was born and Vangara where he grew up as tourist spots. The CM instructed Cultural Affairs Minister Sri Srinivas Goud to visit these places and prepare a plan for the development.
- Create a PV Memorial in Hyderabad, which should be on par with the international level. The Memorial should showcase and reflect the great contributions made by multifaceted personality PV in various fields. The government will identify a proper place for this.
- It should be proposed to the UNESCO to confer awards in the name of PV to those made rich contributions in the fields of literature, science and technology. The Telangana State government would arrange for the cash prize.
- PV Centenary celebrations should be held in countries worldwide. Already arrangements are being made to conduct them in the US, Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia, Mauritius, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and other countries. Prepare a schedule for other countries also.
- PV had excellent personal relations with several world leaders when he was the external affairs minister and later as PM. Former US President Bill Clinton, Former UK PMs John Major, Cameroon etc., Invite them and ensure their participation in the Centenary celebrations.
- The CM will personally write invitation letters to the President, PM, CMs of various states and request them to participate in the celebrations.
- Install PV’s idol in Telangana Bhavan in New Delhi. Since PV had an affinity with AP, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Odisha, Punjab and Tamil Nadu states and leaders there, organise the celebrations in these states also.
- Celebrations should also be organised in all the districts outside Hyderabad and abroad as well.
- The unpublished writings of PV should be published by the Telangana Sahitya Academy. Bring in a Souvenir with articles published in several newspapers and magazines. Bring in a special book compiling PV speeches, interviews and other such material. A Coffee Table Book on PV’s life should be published.
- The Cultural Affairs department should organise a Photo Exhibition to showcase PV’s life and times. This exhibition should be held along with the festivals and special food on a level akin to the Telangana Celebrations.
- Organise special programmes to reflect the spiritual aspect of PV