Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will reclaim Hyderabad from the clutches of TRS and MIM and give it back to its people, announced the former Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
He was releasing the Telangana State BJP unit’s election manifesto in connection with the GHMC elections here in the city today. Addressing media after releasing the Manifesto, Fadnavis announced that BJP, if voted to power in GHMC, will celebrate September 17 as an official function. “I do not understand what made Telangana government not to celebrate September 17 as the Day of Vimochana as we have been observing the same as Mukti Divas in Maharashtra and Karnataka which were liberated on the same day”, he questioned adding that “It is because of the MIM and TRS who made Hyderabad and Secunderabad as their fiefdoms. That’s why we want to reclaim this great city and give it back to the people”.
Further listing out the elections promises, Fadnavis also declared that the BJP would abolish LRS scheme once it is voted to power in GHMC while alleging that this LRS scheme is causing Rs 15,000 Crore burden on the poor and middle-class section.
He further announced a sum of Rs 10,000 crore package to the reorganise the open Nalas and Drainage system besides for the Musi river water purification project on the lines of Namami Ganga project with the help of Central government. “The Musi river project would be named after ‘Sumedha’, a 12-year-old resident of Deendayalnagar who washed away in the flash floods”, he said while pointing out that Hyderabad was flooded not because of rains but it was because of illegal encroachments which were protected, promoted and patronised for political gains.
The most attractive announcement is a Special Package to provide Rs4 Crore to each division to develop the old city as a Modern City.
Following are the other promises made by BJP in its manifesto:
- A Special Task Force would be created to contain the encroachments in tank beds in GHMC limits.
- A comprehensive action plan will be prepared to provide Corona Vaccination to each and everyone in the city
- Free Covid tests will be facilitated to the people
- Rs25,000 will be deposited into the bank accounts of each of the flood victims in the city. Those who already got Rs10,000 will also get Rs15,000 additionally.
- A long-run action plan to mitigate the sewerage leakage issues will be planned in the GHMC area
- Free power distribution to all those residents who consume below 100 units.
- At least 1 lakh houses will be provided to the homeless under PM Awas Yojana Scheme.
- Free tap connection and free water supply to every household in the city.
- Property Taxes in Slum areas and SC colonies will be abolished.
- Free power supply to those depending on the traditional occupations such as saloons, washermen, carpenters, Footwears etc.
- Free transport facility for women in Metrorail and bus services in the city.
- Toilets for women in every one kilometre will be set up.
- Metrorail services will be expanded from Lingampalli to Patancheru, Afzalgunj to the old city to Shamshabad airport besides linking up MMTS services between Miyapur to Sanga Reddy
- Free Tabs with Wifi will be provided to the students of government school under GHMC limits
- An action plan will be chalked out to control the spiralling of fees of private schools
- NO permission is required to build houses within 125 Yards in the city.
- Hyderabad will be declared under “Amruth City” and the funds we get from the Cente will be used to make it a Clean City of India.
- Auto drivers will be provided with each Rs7,000 for annual maintenance of their autos besides extending them with Accidental Life Insurance.