Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao announced several sops to the RTC workers including the enhancement of retirement age from 58 to 60 years, no night duties for women employees etc. He also called up on to call them as ‘RTC Employees’ and not drivers and conductors in order to uphold their dignity of labour.
He announced this among others during an interactive meeting with them as announced earlier at Pragathi Bhavan on Sunday. Five employees from each depot comprising over 97 depots aggregating to 485 people have attended the meet. Earlier they had a meal with the CM and other top officials together before commencing the meeting.
Speaking on the occasion, CM urged the officials and employees to take a pledge that they would work in coordination to protect the RTC and turn it into a profitable organisation with united efforts and spirit as was done in case of achieving the separate Telangana State.
CM further said that as Transport Minister he worked for three years and made the RTC into a profit-making organisation and hence he had all love for the Organisation even today. The CM assured that he would take all measures from the government for the survival and betterment of the RTC. He said from now onwards, officials and employees should work unitedly and protect the RTC. He wanted them to take the required measures to make loss-making depots into profit-making ones. He wanted re-survey of routes to be done.
The CM said he would act as the Brand Ambassador of the TSRTC. He said he would request TRS Ministers, MPs, MLAs, and MLCs to travel by RTC at least once in a month. MLAs should have a review meeting with them once in every month, he said.
Following are the decisions announced by the CM at the meeting:
1. Stop calling the RTC Conductors and drivers as workers and they should be called and referred to as the employees. There is no difference between the management and employees; everyone should act as members of one family.
2. September salaries to be paid to the RTC employees will be paid on Dec 2 (Monday)
3. Salaries for the 55 days strike period will also be paid.
4. Employees increment will be given as it is.
5. For those employees died during the strike period, one job will be given to a member of their family within eight days. Rs 2 Lakh per family will be paid as an Ex-gratia amount by the government.
6. From the coming State Budget, Rs 1000 Crore will be allocated for the TSRTC every year.
7. RTC employees retirement age will be enhanced from 58 to 60 years.
8. TSRTC employees will have total job security.
9. Responsibility of taking ticket will be with the passenger but no action will be taken against the conductors if a passenger fails to take the ticket.
10. Employees having colour blindness should be given other responsibilities but should not be removed from employment.
11. Women employees should not be given night duties, they should complete their duties by 8 pm.
12. In every depot, within 20 days, exclusive toilets, dress change rooms and lunchrooms for women should be created.
13. All TSRTC women employees, like their counterparts in the government, will get three months of child care leave along with the maternity leave.
14. Women employees need not wear the Khaki uniform; they can have their uniform in the colour of their choice. If the male employees also want a change in their Khaki uniform it will be done.
15. A committee will be formed to give suggestions to solve the problems faced by the women employees.
16. For two year period, there will not be any elections for the TSRTC recognised Union.
17. With two employees for each depot, Employees Welfare Board will be constituted.
18. Health services in TSRTC should include parents of the employees. Measures should be taken to avail the medical services of private hospitals not only in Hyderabad but also other places in the State.
19. Medicines should be distributed free of cost to the employees at every Dispensary.
20. Employees parents should be given the free bus passes.
21. The government will pass orders to help the children of the employees get the fee reimbursement scheme.
22. Will pay the employees PF dues and money to be paid to the CCS.
23. Adequate spare parts will be made available at the Depots.
24. Employees working on a temporary basis will be made permanent in the TSRTC.
25. The government is making a housing scheme for the RTC employees.
26. Start goods and cargo services in RTC.