The Congress party has promised to give Rs 50,000 to every affected family and Rs 5 Lakhs and Rs 2.5 Lakhs to fully and partially destroyed houses if it is voted to power in the GHMC elections. It also promised ex-Gratia of Rs 25 lakhs to the families of those who lost their lives due to floods.
As per the Congress manifesto, the Congress party would implement NDMA guidelines, prepare a Disaster Management Plan for Hyderabad and conduct regular mock drills. It also promised an advanced rainfall forecasts system.
The other major promises include:
- Constitution of “Lakes Protection Authority” along with RWAs and Protect them from encroachment and Land Grabbing;
- Regular desilting of Nalas and construction of retaining walls/fencing.
- Follow international best practices and construct huge underground water storage facilities for effective flow regulation to prevent/minimize flooding as successfully done in Spain, Honking and Japan.
- Plan and implement a Comprehensive Drainage System to prevent flooding across the limits of HMDA, taking future Urbanisation into account and it promised to put in place an effective solid waste management strategy.
- To bring Covid-19 treatment under Aarogyasri.
- Enhance Infrastructure and equipment in Government Area Hospitals and Quarterly audits by RWAs. Improvement of Gandhi, Osmania, Niloufer and other Hospitals.
- Increase in Basthi Dawakhanas to 450 and extend operating hours to 9 PM in Slums; Provide 4 Dedicated Multi-specialty Hospitals for reference of cases from them.
- All health centres to do free lab tests and dispense free medicines.
- To provide free local transportation for women, students, Divyangans and senior citizens in Metro, MMTS and RTC Buses.
- Increase bus frequency and ensure last-mile connectivity. As against a requirement of 6000 buses, only 2500 are available now. The full requirement will be met by procuring CNG and Electric Buses equipped with hydraulic lifts for differently-abled. Extend Metro to old city and airport besides expanding the MMTS services and one Travel Card for all public transportation to ensure contactless and hassle-free travel.
- To monitor and regulate the Fees Loot by corporate and private schools and colleges in collaboration with Hyderabad schools’ Parents Association (HSPA).
- To make Garbage free Hyderabad by 2022 and No landfills by 2023.
- It will also come up with a plan and implement a Comprehensive Sewerage disposal system in a timebound manner.
- To provide a double bedroom house.
- Rs 8 lakhs will be given to the families who have the plot to construct a house and if they have a single bed-room house Rs 4 lakhs will be given to construct an additional room.
- All the beneficiaries should be paid Rs 60,000 to compensate the rent being paid to start from 2020 till the date of completion and handing over.
- Free insurance against floods, fire accidents and damage due to power fluctuations.
- To rationalize Property Tax. Increase relief to 50,000 and extend to small commercial properties to help low and middle-income groups.
- Free water supply up to 30,000 litres and drinking water connection will be given free of cost. Pure Drinking at free of cost by setting up RO water vending machines in slums and double bedroom housing complexes.
AICC Incharge Manickam Tagore, TPCC President Capt. N Uttam Kumar Reddy, CLP leader Mallu Bhati Vikramarka, TPCC Working President and MP A Revanth Reddy, former Leader of Opposition in Council Mohammed Ali Shabbir, Manifesto Committee Chairman Marri Shashidhar Reddy, AICC Secretaries NS Bose Raju, Madhu Yashki Goud, ex-Deputy CM Damodar Rajanarasimha, ex-minister Dr J Geetha Reddy, Working President Kusum Kumar, Vice President Zafar Javeed, and others leaders were present during the release of the manifesto. AICC Spokesperson Dr Dasoju Sravan explained the contents of the manifesto.