Being a doctor is no exception to the dreaded Covid-19. Even the nurses, paramedical staff and even lift boy also can be affected with Covidvirus.
The author is also an advisor to the Telangana Doctors’ Federation and former International Coordinator of American University of Barbados, Washington DC, the US has to say this to those who violate lockdown unmindful of its consequences.
“We are going through a critical stage as there is impending doom awaiting us. Being a doctor my self I had no other option to join in this fight against this dreaded virus. Why not you”, he questions those willful ignorants coming out defying the lockdown and explains how important the next 60-days besides how the Virus works in different temperatures in different countries:
Temperature playing a big role behind the spread of Covid-19
Since temperature place an important role in the incubation of the Covid virus, “I would suggest to switch off Air Conditioners machines at home for a few days. It may be difficult to bear with it initially. Slowly you will get adjusted to”, he said.
- Isolate yourself from news about the virus. (Everything we need to know, we already know).
- Don’t look for additional information on the Internet, it would weaken your mental state.
- Avoid sending fatalistic messages. Some people don’t have the same mental strength as you (Instead of helping, you could activate pathologies such as depression).
- If possible, listen to music at home at a pleasant volume. Look for board games to entertain children, tell stories and future plans.
- Maintain discipline in the home by washing your hands, putting up a sign or alarm for everyone in the house.
- Your positive mood will help protect your immune system, while negative thoughts have been shown to depress your immune system and make it weak against viruses.
Most importantly, firmly believe that this will pass and that the universe is in the hands of God. He is a God of love
(The author is the noted Paediatrician and Neonatologist in Hyderabad)