All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till 15th April 2020. This will come into effect from the midnight of (12.00 AM GMT) March 13, 2020, at the airport of departure.
A decision to this effect was taken at the 6th meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) held at Nirman Bhawan today following the recommendations of the Committees headed by Cabinet Secretary on the action taken and preparedness for Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
The meeting was chaired by the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan. The other ministers who attended the meeting include Minister of Civil Aviation Hardeep S. Puri, Minister of External Affairs Dr S Jaishankar, Minister of State for Home Nityananda Rai, Minister of State (I/c), Ministry of Shipping, Chemicals and Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya and Minister of State, Health & Family Welfare Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
The other decisions taken by the Group of Ministers are as follows::
- Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders is kept in abeyance till April 15th 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 15, 2020, at the port of departure.
- Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reason may contact the nearest Indian Mission.
- All incoming travellers, including Indian nationals, arriving from or having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany after February 15, 2020, shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020, at the port of departure.
- Incoming travellers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
- Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- International traffic through land borders will be restricted to Designated check posts with robust screening facilities. These will be notified separately by M/o Home Affairs.
- Provision for testing primarily for students/compassionate cases in Italy to be made and collected for samples to be organized accordingly. Those tested negative will be allowed to travel and will be quarantined on arrival in India for 14 days.