Union Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy demanded the state government to take up the revision of HMDA to make changes in accordance with the changing circumstances.
In a letter addressed to the Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao here today, Kishan Reddy said in view of the changed scenario since HMDA was formed in 2008 covering an area of 7257 square kilometres, there is a necessity to make changes as the special action plan programme is not being implemented properly at the ground level due to lack of coordination with the local officials.
“This has resulted in the high corruption, growing number illegal constructions, layouts etc. I am flooded with complaints about farmers facing problems in connection with the conversion of their lands”, he said adding that there is a necessity to revise the HMDA master plan as government has been making promise to this effect several times.
He wanted the CM to take up HMDA revision immediately and suggested by incorporating the following points for consideration:
1. All lands except falling under environment zone along the outer ring road be declared as residential zone so that farmers, poor and middle class people will benefit.
2. Ensure coordination between local bodies HMDA is improved.
3. Evolve a joint action plan in association with local bodies to prevent the illegal constructions.
4. DPMS (Development Permission Management System) needs to implemented effectively.
5. Build railway overbridges on the Outer Ring Road service roads at Ghatkesar, Goudavelli, Nagulappali, Shamshabad
6. Complete the radial and service roads at Rajendranagar, Shamshabad, Narsingi, Patancheru, and Shambipur etc.
7. Signboards showing the distance should also be erected on the ORR