TPCC Spokesperson Dr Sravan Dasoju on Monday demanded the Chief Minister Chandrashekhar Rao to increase the upper age limit of youth by 10 years to enable them to apply for all the job recruitment notifications issued in Telangana.
He said in an open letter addressed to the Chief Minister that the upper age limit should be fixed at 44 years, as done in the past, from the existing 34 years that is eliminating millions of beleaguered unemployed and qualified Telangana youth from applying for new jobs in the state. Dr Sravan demanded to declare it as a social emergency in view of the growing unemployment in the state and asked to constitute a special task force to address the sensitive issue besides calling for an All Party meeting.
He further stated that the majority of the unemployed youth are in deep distress, unable to face their parents, family and friends, unable to get married and settle in life and leading a miserable life and some of them are finally committing suicides with hopelessness. “It’s so pitying that at least 50+ youth have committed suicide in the last seven years and 7 of them died in the last one week itself reflecting the agony and dejected conditions in the state”, he said.
Dr Sravan pointed out that the government of Telangana had relaxed the upper age ceiling by 10 years through various GOs previously between 2015 and 2017 with which the candidates’ eligibility has gone up from 34 years to 44 years and that rational act certainly benefited some candidates in the past. But due to lack of big recruitments in the last 7 years, the youth got frustrated and left without any option other than to wait for a fresh notification.
AICC leader criticized that in the last 7 years, none of these things are being paid adequate attention and more importantly leave aside making proactive strategies to provide employment to our youth as promised, unfortunately, the Telangana Govt completely failed even to comprehend the problem of ever-increasing unemployment in the state. At a time there are 1.93 lakh government jobs are vacant and 1.20 lakh contract employees are awaiting regularization, it is unfortunate to have about 40 lakh qualified unemployed youth in the state, which is the highest for any state in India.
The following are the demand Dr Dasoju putforth before the CM:
- Declare unemployment problem in Telangana as a SOCIAL EMERGENCY
- Restore the upper age limit of 44 years as done in the past, enabling lakhs of unemployed youth to become eligible and be able to apply for the above-cited notification and also future notifications
- Release unemployment allowance of Rs 3016/- immediately that was promised during 2018 elections and help to sustain in this social crisis and help them relieve from their distress
- Set-up Skill Development Centers across Telangana through all ITIs, Polytechnic and Engineering Colleges of both private and government and other means
- Implement ITIR, Gaming and Animation Industries that will majorly resolve the unemployment problem and attract more foreign capital investment to Telangana
- Develop Agro and food processing industries, region-specific skill/ talent-related industries
- Attract more of Large and MSME manufacturing industries
- Release Special Financial Package to all Private Sector employees who lost jobs due to Covid and help them have sustainable livelihoods in this crisis
- Constitute a HIGH-LEVEL SPECIAL TASK FORCE to prepare and implement innovative strategies to address the issue of unemployment in Telangana.
- Extend loans to promote self-employment and entrepreneurship through BC, SC, ST and Minority Finance Corporations