Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has released the admission schedule for the Degree Online Services – DOST 2020-21 here today.
DOST facilitates students to join in UG courses like BA, BCom, BSc, BBA, BCA, BBM by applying online through a single-window website https://dost.cgg.gov.in to join in any of the state universities like Osmania, Kakatiya, Telangana, Palamuru, Mahatma Gandhi, Sathavahana Universities.
The process of admission is simple. It is student-friendly and one can do it by himself or herself. Candidate must register themselves by visiting the website and logging in by the Intermediate hall ticket number.
From this academic year, Admissions for the TSBTET-2 Diploma Courses DHMCT and D-Pharmacy will also be conducted through DOST. The following are the steps to be followed by the students.
DOST-2020 Admission Process for the students
- If a student has already linked Aadhaar number with the mobile number, he/she can directly register in DOST Website with mobile OTP authentication.
- In case, his/her Aadhaar number is not seeded with mobile number, the students shall link his or his parent’s mobile number to the student’s Aadhaar at Aadhaar Update Centres.
- The students may visit the DOST Helpline Centre (HLC) or MeeSeva Centre for biometric authentication and registration in DOST. One should preferably visit any HLC as he/she will be guided confidentially.
- The students can register in DOST through T App Folio Mobile App based photo authentication.
- The students may install Mobile-based T App Folio which contains DOST ID generation service.
- Students shall enter Hall ticket Number of TSBIE, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number and Mobile Number.
- On verification of Hall Ticket, Date of Birth, Uniqueness of Aadhaar and Uniqueness of Mobile, the details of the data (Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender,
- Candidate’s Photograph) would be returned to TS App Folio application.
- On successful authentication of live photograph (selfie photo) with the photograph available in TSBIE service, DOST Reference ID is generated.
- Students will be given information of DOST Reference ID generated over SMS and on App.
- The students can go for further process of registration and exercise web options on DOST online web portal.
- Registration on DOST is by paying a registration fee of Rs 200/-
- After the registration students will get DOST ID and PIN. The students are advised to keep their DOST ID and PIN carefully and confidentially until the end of the admission process.
- The students shall log in using DOST ID and PIN/password to open the Application Form.
- They must fill in the application form with all the correct details that are required (once the data is submitted it cannot be edited).
- Then they must exercise web options by choosing the course and college of their preference by giving the priority numbers. (one must be careful while giving college and course priorities as the seats will be allotted according to the priorities as specified in the options).
- The students are advised not to share DOST ID/PIN/Password with anybody to keep their options confidential.
- Seat allotment will be given to the students who exercised web options.
- Seats will be allotted based on the merit and reservations in force.
- If the students are satisfied with the seat allotted, they must confirm the seat by online self-reporting and pay the required confirmation fee online as per the payment mentioned below.
- The students who confirm their seat (in any phase) by online self-reporting must visit the allotted college in person from 08.10.2020 to 12.10.2020 and submit the required certificates and pay the fee. It is only then your seat is confirmed.
- If the student is not satisfied with the seat secured, he can pay the fee (online payment) for the reservation of the seat and then, go for web options once again in the second and third phases.
Seat Reservation Process and fee reimbursement
- Entering of MeeSeva Caste Certificate Number (with CND number and sub-caste), issued by Government of Telangana is mandatory for seat allotment under reservation.
- Income Certificate is taken on or after 01.04.2019 (valid only for DOST 2020), NCC Certificate, Extra-Curricular Activities Certificate, Physically Challenged Certificate, CAP (Children of Armed Personnel) Certificate should be uploaded.
- Existing three payment gateways i.e., Bill-desk, Atom and T-Wallet (T-Wallet does not charge any commission from students while paying the fee online) shall be used for DOST- 2020 for DOST registration fee and reservation fee.
- The students who are allotted to Government/University Colleges and are eligible for ePass fee reimbursement need not pay any amount for online self-reporting.
- The students who are allotted to Private Colleges and are eligible for ePass fee reimbursement need to pay an amount of Rs.500 for online self-reporting.
- The students who are allotted to Government/University, Colleges/Private Colleges and are not eligible for ePass college fee reimbursement need to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- for
- online self-reporting.
- In total, 105 Help Line Centres are established.
- State HLC – 1
- University HLCs – 6
- District HLCs – 33
- College HLCs/ARC – 65
HelpLine Centres will help the students to register on DOST, rectify any mismatch with Aadhaar details, rectify any wrong uploading of Certificates etc.
New features in DOST-2020
Additional services for the students are planned to ease their burden during COVID 19.
- To avoid human touch, Real-time Digital Face Recognition of T-App Folio is introduced. (This service is applicable only for the students who passed out from Telangana BIE).
- Introduction of Online Grievance system to resolve the issues of candidates, if any.
- WhatsApp Chatbot (Auto Responder) integration with DOST.
Add 7901002200 to your contacts list.
Open WhatsApp and send ‘Hi’ to the above contact.
You will get our DOST-2020 Menu and you can select any.
The same account will be used to send Template Messages on request (i.e. OTPs, Alerts, Campaigning etc.,).
- Social Networking Pages for DOST-2020
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dost.telangana
DOST YouTube Channel for help videos and FAQs https://www.youtube.com/c/dost_telangana
The following is the admission Schedule: