The state government has formulated a Committee to monitor the disposal of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 dead bodies in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) limits as per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) stipulated by the Government of India.
A decision to this effect has been taken at a High-Level meeting held by the Chief Secretary today at Secretariat on COVID-19, wherein the Director-General of Police; Special Chief Secretary to Government, Health Medical & Family Welfare Department, and others participated.
The Members of the Committee include:
1) N. Ravi Kiran, Zonal Commissioner, GHMC +919154114996
2) Maddipati Srinivas, Addl DCP, CTC +918374600077
3) Sri P. Ashok Kumar, SDC, Hyderabad Collectorate +919440815897
4) Dr Krupal Singh, Professor, Forensic Medicine, GMC +919849735353
5) Dr Taqyuddin, Professor, HOD OMC +919948662981
6) Dr Amar, Chief Medical Officer of Health, GHMC +919848177416
7) Dr Ravinder Goud, AMOH, Circles 29 & 30, GHMC +917993360302
8) Dr Aizaz Khasim, AMOH, Circles 12 & 13, GHMC +9701362898
The Committee shall function under the Chairmanship of GhMC Zonal Commissioner N Ravi Kiran, and all the other members in the Committee shall act as Nodal Officers for their respective Departments. The Committee shall meet as frequently as required and shall ensure disposal of COVID-19 affected dead bodies as per the SOP given by the Govt of India under the caption “COVID-19: Guidelines on Dead Body Management”.
The Committee shall come into force with immediate effect and the District Collectors of Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Medchal-Malkajgiri and Sanga Reddy and all the Zonal Commissioners of GHMC shall render necessary cooperation to the Committee in achieving its objective.