According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre, New Delhi predicted heavy to very heavy rainfalls over Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in the next 48 hours.
The weather bulletin released today said that the chief amount of rainfall 10cm and above recorded at 08.30 hrs of today; Tanuku-18; Tiruvuru-16; Amalapuram-14; Chintalapudi-10
- A low-pressure area lies over the west-central Bay of Bengal off north Andhra Pradesh coast. Likely to move west-northwestwards towards central India across Telangana during next 2-3days.
- The monsoon trough lies south of its normal position.
- An off-shore trough lies off south Gujarat coast to north Karnataka coast.
Due to the above favourable meteorological conditions, widespread rainfall with isolated heavy to very heavy falls are very likely over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam and Telangana on 13 & 14 September, over Rayalaseema on 13 September, over Vidarbha on 15 September and over Marathwada on 16 September.
- Localized Flooding of roads, water logging in low lying areas and closure of underpasses mainly in urban areas of the above region.
- Occasional reduction in visibility due to heavy rainfall.