From Manish Raj Srivastav
I am from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. I know UP in and out but before we judge Yogi Aditya Nath let’s talk about the progress of UP in last one year in different fields:
- Uttar Pradesh became the number one state to provide houses to the poor. It successfully achieved 100 per cent target allotted to it under Prime Minister Awas Yojna (PMYA) this year.
- Under the Swach Bharat Mission, UP achieved the first position by constructing more toilets than any other state in the country.
- UP is the first state to start the Nirbhaya Scheme in the country. Under this scheme, all buses will be equipped with CCTV cameras and the panic button for the safety and welfare of women passengers. A total of 12500 buses will be covered under this scheme.
- In the agricultural sector, UP achieved the first position in the production of wheat, sugarcane, potato, and milk. It has made a record purchase & payment of agricultural products.
- In cereal production, the state accounted for 20 per cent of the output of the country or 577 lakh Metric Tonnes(MT). It took care of 35 per cent of the wheat production of the country which is 357 MT.
- Sugarcane production was 1707 MT or better to say 50% of the output in the nation. The potato was accounted for 33% (151 lakh MT) of the total production in the country.
- UP produced 291 lakh MT milk which is 16% of the total national output.
Thanks to the new government and the good monsoon UP is doing good and it’s coming back to the track. A few days back I was talking to my mom on phone about Yogi Aditya Nath. She was telling that after Yogi came in power two things have been improved in my city. First, the law and order has been improved and second the cleanliness of the city. I have not been to my hometown since Yogi came in power and I am going this Diwali. I am hoping to see positive changes and I feel that UP is progressing under Yogis’ governance.
Now coming to the second part of the question, whether Yogi is the most influential leader after Modi? I feel it’s too early to comment on this. He is a powerful leader there is no doubt about that. He was MP from Gorakhpur for almost 15 years and people really look after him. This is the first time he has taken such a big responsibility. From the past 25 years, none of the party has win consecutive elections in UP. If Yogi change that stats then I would say he is an influential leader like Modi.
(The piece is a reproduction from Quora without editing for ‘People’s Voice‘. The opinions expressed by the author is purely of his own and this News Portal doesn’t endorse it)