Chief Minister Chandrasekhar Rao has announced a 30 per cent fitment as recommended by the Pay Revision Commission (PRC) to the Government Employees and Teachers in the state besides enhancing the retirement age of its employees to 61 years.
Making a statement to this effect in the Assembly today, CM KCR declared that the decision will come into force with immediate effect. He said Government employees and teachers have played an inspirational role not only in achieving Telangana state but also in the development of the state with a commitment. Thus, the fruits of welfare & development in the state are reaching people successfully with their cooperation.
The Telangana government announced a special increment in 2014 by revising the 10th pay scales & by announcing the highest fitment of 43%, Telangana Government showed the admiration it has on its employees. But, he said, unfortunately, the Corona disaster had shattered the state economy. Due to an unexpected fiscal deficit, the 11th pay revision was delayed. In the present scenario of recuperating the economy, we are revising the 11th pay scale in a better manner that will cover all the employees, teachers in the state.
KCR further said this time also government by revising the pay scales of employees, teachers and pensioners, took a decision to increase the salaries of contract employees, outsourcing employees, Home Guards, Anganwadis, Asha Workers, SERP Employees, Vidya Volunteers, KGBV, Sarva Siksha Abhiyaan employees, VRAs, VAOs, Grant in Aid, Work charged, daily wage and other employees i.e., totalling about 9,17,797 employees who are working as part of the Government machinery.
• After deliberations with employees, teachers unions in the state, the government has taken up the process of promotions as requested by government employees. Till now 80% of the promotion process of employees is completed. The government will immediately start the promotion process of remaining eligible employees along with eligible teachers. After this process is completed, 100% of eligible employees will get promotions in the state. The government will shortly start the process of filling vacancies created by promotions. Government constitutes a steering committee with employees associations, government officials as stakeholders for evolving the new modalities of the Employees Health Scheme (EHS) as per the PRC committee recommendations.
• The government has decided to reduce the age limit from 75 years to 70 years for a 15% additional quantum of pension to the retired government employees and teachers.
• On the basis of erstwhile undivided districts, seniority and managements wise the government decided to undertake promotions and transfers to eligible teachers.
• To enhance the number to ten thousand of the present Headmasters who are in the Primary Schools, the government decided to sanction additional Headmaster equivalent to School Assistant posts.
• For the spouse employees and teachers who are working in different districts, the government will immediately start the process of inter-district transfers to accommodate them to work in one district.
• The government will give permission to the Andhra Pradesh teachers who are working in the Telangana to return to their home state. To this effect the government will issue orders.
• The government has decided to provide 180 days maternity leave along with wages to the KGBV Women Staff.
• The government has decided to extend the family pension policy to the family members of the CPS (Contributory Pension Scheme) employees who died while on duty.
• Though the state is in severe financial crisis due to the Corona pandemic it is decided to pay PRC related 12 months arrears to the employees as the government is having special concern for them. It is ensured to get these arrears along with retirement benefits.
• The government has decided to enhance the retirement gratuity of employees and teachers from Rs. 12 lakhs to Rs. 16 lakhs.
• As per the assurance given in our last election manifesto, the government is happy to announce the enhancement of the retirement age limit to 61 years to the state government employees and teachers. With an aim to utilise the services of experienced employees I announce the enhancement of the retirement age limit and this decision will come into effect immediately.
“The government adopted a broader vision in solving the employees and teachers issues, the government expects that the employees will also respond accordingly and further dedicate themselves in discharging their duties and work with full commitment in public service without any lapses”, said KCR.