Chief Minister Chandrashekhar Rao asked the people not to get panic or fear over Corona Virus but at the same time, they should not be negligent.
He advised people not to go to the private hospitals and spend huge amounts for the treatment as the required medical treatment for the Virus is very much available in the government Hospitals. The government doctors and staff are well equipped to treat any number of patients. The CM thanked the medical doctors, staff for extending their excellent services to contain the virus’ spread and offering good treatment to the patients.
He was holding a reviewing the measures being taken to contain the Corona Virus here at Pragathi Bhavan today with Medical and Health Minister Etela Rajender, Panchayat Raj Minister Errabelli Dayakar Rao, Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar, Principal Secretary (Medical and Health) Murtuza Rizvi, Medical and Health Heads of different departments Karunakar Reddy, Ramesh Reddy, Srinivas, Gangadhar, Chandrasekhar Reddy, CMO Principal Secretary S Narsing Rao, and Special Secretary Rajasekhar Reddy.
In this context, the CM has taken several decisions with regard to MoH Depart.
- The recovery rate in the State is also much higher. As on Thursday, those taking treatment as in-patients in the hospitals were 3,692. Of them, 200 were having other serious ailments and the rest are recovering. As on Thursday, 41, 018 were affected by the Corona in the state. Of this, 27,295 (67 Per cent) were discharged. Among others, 9636 were asymptomatic and they were under the home quarantine. Others are taking treatment in hospitals. They are also recovering very fast. Even the asymptomatic patients were also given treatment and advice by reviewing their condition from time to time based on the ICMR recommended Covid Protocol.
- The Unlock process is going on in the country. The centre has decided to begin international air services. We have come to a stage where living with Corona is a must. But none should have any fear of Corona. At the same time, people should not be negligent. Maintain personal hygiene. Wear Masks. Use Sanitizers. Remain in the house as much as possible.
- The government is well equipped to contain the Virus spread and to give treatment to those affected by the Corona. Now there is no shortage of anything. In Gandhi and TIMS hospitals, 3000 beds are ready with Oxygen supply facilitates in Hyderabad alone. All over the State, 5000 Beds were kept ready with the Oxygen supply facility. In all 10,000 beds are kept ready exclusively for the Corona patients. Such a number of beds were not there in the past. 1500 Ventilators were kept ready. PPE Kits and N95 Masks are available in lakhs in numbers. There is no shortage of medicines, equipment. Government doctors and staff are rendering yeoman service. There is no need to react to some who make cheap comments and criticism. We should move forward with self-confidence. The doctor teams should concentrate on giving better treatment effectively.
- There is no need for people to rush to private hospitals and spend huge amounts of money and face a lot of hardships. The best treatment is given in the Government Hospitals based on the guidelines issued by the ICMR. In case anyone has symptoms, they should take medical advice and treatment. In our State right from the PHC level, facilities are created to treat the Corona patients. People should utilise this. The government is ready to spend any amount of money to contain the virus and give treatment to the needy.
- Rs 100 Crore is additionally allocated to the general budget to take up urgent measures to contain the virus and to give treatment. It will be kept with Medical and Health Minister and Chief Secretary to take the immediate measures necessary.
- It is decided to implement UGC scales to the teachers working in medical Colleges.
- The newly appointed Nurses will also get their pay on par with their old counterparts.
- It is also decided to enhance the retirement limit for those working in the Ayush department to 65 years.
- It is also decided to extend Covid Incentive of 10 per cent additional pay to everyone working in the Medical and Health department without leaving anyone including the outsourcing employees. It is also decided to extend the Incentive allowance given to the Police personnel, sanitary workers working in the municipalities, Panchayats.
- The officers concerned are instructed to induct 1200 doctors who have completed the PG into the government service.
- 200 Doctor vacancies in PHCs should be filled up immediately, the CM instructed.
- Keep viral injections such as Remdesivir, Tocilizumab and Favilavir Tablets in large quantities. Give them free of cost to the needy. There should not be any shortage of these medicines at all costs.
- Private hospitals should maintain transparency in the availability of beds. The government will act strictly if an artificial shortage is created. Display at every hospital on how many beds they have and how many are occupied? Give information to the government from time to time.