Indian Railways has made few changes to 15 pairs of special Trains with immediate effect for the convenience of the passengers.
The new terms for these trains are as follows:
- The Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of these trains will be increased from 7 days to 30 days.
- There shall be no Tatkal booking on these trains.
- RAC/Waiting list tickets will be issued in these trains as per extant instructions applicable. However, waitlisted passengers will not be allowed to board these trains as per extant instructions.
- The first chart shall be prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure and the second chart shall be prepared at least 2 hours (unlike the earlier practice of 30 minutes) before scheduled departure. The current booking shall be permitted in between first and second chart.
- Booking of tickets shall be permissible through computerized PRS counters including Post Offices, Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra(YTSK) licensees etc, as well as through on-line booking including authorized agents of Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation(IRCTC) and Common Service Centres.
The above shall be implemented with effect from train booking date May 24, 2020, and for the train starting date of May 31, 2020, onwards.