The state government is all set to hold Poet Conference (Kavi Sammelan) in all district headquarters on April 3 as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav to commemorate 75th Celebrations of India’s independence.
The Director of Cultural Affairs Mamidi Hari Krishna said to this correspondent that the CM KCR while announcing the state-wide celebrations to this effect has formed an organising committee under the chairmanship of former IAS officers and the Govt Advisor KV Ramana Chary. As part of the decision, the committee has evolved several programmes including essay writing competitions for children and a poets conference will also be held on April 3. All the district Collectors were instructed to hold Sammelanas with the theme of the freedom struggle of India in their respective districts.
The department has also announced a first-ever short film contest on the writings of late Suravaram Prathap Reddy. This would be a filmy tribute to the legendary personality in connection with his 125th birth anniversary celebrations. The last date of submission of entries is May 1, 2021.
The conditions for producing a short film is as follows:
• The theme of the films should be based on the stories written by Suravaram Pratap Reddy.
• The source should be declared in the titles of the film in the opening.
• The length of each film should be between 20-30 minutes.
• Short Films produced in high quality will be given priority.
• All the selected films will be screened at the mini auditorium inside Ravindra Bharati.
• Films will be selected by expert jury members
• Certificates will be issued to the selected films for screening by the Dept of Culture and Language
• The winners will be presented with a cash reward of Rs 50,000, Rs 40,000 & Rs30,000 for the first, second and third winners respectively. Besides, a cash award of Rs20,000 each will be given to the Best Director, Cameraman, Editor and Music Director.
• The award function will be held in Ravindra Bharati on May 28, 2021, మే 28 wherein the Minister for Tourism, Sports, Youth and Cultural V Srinivas Goud will give away prizes.