The State Government has allowed the opening of all religious places, shopping malls (other than gaming centres and cinema halls) hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services in areas outside Containment Zones with effect from June 8.
A GO to this effect was issued here today after the Chief Minister decided to this effect after a high-level review meeting held in Pragati Bhavan today. The GO allowed all other activities permitted prior to the introduction of lockdown measures.
However, the activities pertaining to Schools, colleges, educational, training, coaching institutions etc. Metro rail, Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, sports complexes, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places continued to remain closed. And no activity pertaining to Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural and religious functions and other large congregations will be allowed throughout the state.
The Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to be followed as under:
- Religious places/places of worship for the public. ii. Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services. iii. Shopping malls (other than gaming centres and cinema halls)
- There shall be a restriction on the movement of persons other than accessing emergency medical care from 9 PM to 5 AM. No shops, establishments, except hospitals and pharmacies, will remain open after 8.30 PM.
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods. No separate permission will be required for such movements.
- Wearing of face cover, mask shall be compulsory in public places, in workplaces and in means of transport. Individuals must maintain social distancing in public places. Frequent sanitization of workplaces including common facilities and points that come into human contact will be ensured.
- Large public gatherings, congregations shall remain prohibited. However, marriage related gatherings shall be permitted with a maximum of 50 participants. Funeral/last rites related gatherings shall be permitted with a maximum of 20 participants.
- Persons above the age of 65 years, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
- In respect of Containment Zones, strict lockdown shall be in force till 30th June 2O2O. Only essential activities shall be permitted. There shall be strict perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining the supply of essential goods and services.
- In exercise of powers conferred under the Disaster Management Act 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee hereby issues directions to all Departments of Government of Telangana, Collectors & District Magistrates, Commissioners, and Superintendents of Police in the State to strictly implement the above orders with immediate effect till 30th June 2020.