American President Donald Trump accompanied by his wife Melania Trump has arrived in India this morning as part of his 2-day visit. The Airforce One touched the runway at Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport at Ahmadabad as per schedule at 11.40 this morning.
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi personally received the Trump with an affectionate hug soon after he alighted from the Airforce One at the airport from where they headed towards Sabarmati ashram.
The highlights of the first day of his two-day tour are here with:
- He was welcomed amidst trumpets from folk artists of various kind.
- He was greeted by the lakhs of people standing on both sides of the road enroute 23 km stretch to Sabarmathi where the Trump, Ivanka and PM Modi paid their respects to the Mahatma Gandhi.
- PM Modi is seen guiding and explaining the American dignitaries at every point.
- Trump and Ivanka signed in the visitors’ book at the ashram.
- The cavalcade headed for the world’s largest Motera stadium for ‘Namasthe Trump’ programme.
PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR NEXT UPDATES: