In view of the situation arose due to the spread of Coronavirus in the state, the State government has imposed a pay-cuts’ on different category of employees including from the level Chief Minister to the class-4 employee.
The CMO said that the decision has come in the wake of the Coronavirus adversely impacting the Telangana State’s economic situation. “In this background, the state government had to act with caution and foresight.
Hence, the following are the decisions taken at a high-level review meeting held on Monday at Pragathi Bhavan on the financial situation of the State.
- There will be 75 per cent cut on the salaries of the CM, State cabinet, MLCs, MLAs, State Corporation Chairpersons, Local Bodies representatives.
- There will be 60 per cent salary cut of IAS, IPS IFS and other such Central services Officer—For all other categories of employees, there will be a 50 per cent salary cut.
- For Class IV, outsourcing and contract employees, there will be 10 per cent cut.
- For all category of pensioners, there will be 50 per cent cut.
- For the Class IV retired employees there will be 10 per cent cut.
- For all the Public Sector Undertakings, Institutions that are receiving the government grants employees, like the government employees and retirees, there will be cut in their salaries.