In order to ensure adequate supplies of life-saving medical equipment, drugs and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the shortest period and considering it as a topmost priority under this extraordinary health emergency situation, the Telangana State Pollution Control Board, in supersession and partial modification to all its earlier orders, has allowed such units to function either to restart production or to expand existing units with immediate effect without seeking any Consent.
In extraordinary orders issued here today, the TSPCB said that such units are allowed either to establish and to operate new production units, expand existing production capacity and start production without seeking Consent for Establishment, Consent for Operation, or acknowledgement under the provisions of Water, Land and Air Pollution Prevention & Control.
However, this will be applicable only for drug formulation units and will not apply for basic drug manufacturing units / API Units.
- Personal protective gears such as face masks, personal protective equipment (PPEs) etc.,
- Sanitizers (bottling / formulation / manufacturing).
- Oxygen Gas (manufacturing and bottling plants).
- All Lifesaving medical equipment (Ventilators, bypass, stretchers, wheelchairs, other ICU equipment etc)
- All lifesaving drugs which have been enlisted as life-saving drugs by DCGI, ICMR, Health department, GoT / any other competent authority.
However, the aforesaid one-time relaxation will be for a period up to July 15, 2020, only, and all such units shall have to mandatorily obtain consents before the end of the relaxation period as per the categorization of the industries issued by the State Board of Pollution Control Act 1974 and Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 for a period up to July 15, 2020.