The Governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of office to the President of the YSRCP party YS Jagan Mohan Reddy as the second Chief Minister of new Andhra Pradesh state at a mammoth gathering at Indira Gandhi stadium in Vijayawada today.
YSR took the oath in Telugu in the name of God. He later addressed the gathering and made his government stand clear on his government policies and signed the first file as a Chief Minister on the ‘Implementation of YSR Pension Scheme’ for the old beginning June 1st, 2019. He said a sum of Rs 2250 will be paid under the YSR Pension scheme in the first year which will be enhanced by Rs. 250 every year until it reaches Rs.3,000 by 2022.
He further announced a series of other schemes such as appointing 4 lakh Gram Volunteers, Setting up of village Secretariats and round-the-clock anti-corruption complaint cell at CMO etc. and warned the media and the contractors of playing a spoilsport with an intention to create hurdles for his government.
The details of further announcements are hereunder:
2. 4 lakh Grama Volunteers will be appointed to take the govt schemes to the doorsteps of the people. Each volunteer will be appointed for every 50 houses with a monthly salary of Rs 5000. This will come into force from August 15, 2019.
3. Village Secretariats will be brought in every village wherein 1.5 lakh locals will be appointed. This will come into force from October 2nd on the day of Gandhi Jayanti. Every application will be dispersed within 72 hours otherwise action will be initiated against those responsible. The village volunteers will work in coordination with these village secretariats.
4. A special phone line will be set up at the Chief Minister’s office to which people can complain directly about any discrepancies, if found, in getting the benefits of govt schemes or corruption issues. The action will be taken immediately on such complaints.
5. All those contracts wherein corruption charges are there will be dismissed after establishing all the facts and the same work will be allocated through the reverse tender system thereby saving at least 20% to the government exchequer.
6. Further my government would refer all tenders pertaining contracts to a judicial committee for recommendations based on which tenders will be allocated in future.
7. I will bring before you all the extra budget that is being looted by the erstwhile govt such as in the case of solar power generation and power purchase from other states.
8. He also warned the yellow media that if they continue to defame the government in its usual style they will be taken to the court. Defamation cases will be filed against those be it Eenadu, Andhra Jyothi, TV5 etc.